Monday, January 31, 2011

1983 Montesa Cota 242 "Fixes"

Well it was hard to do but I decided to tear the Cota down and shine it up a little for the upcoming year. I knew I was going to have to do something to remedy blown rear shock and between not knowing what shocks to buy, how much to spend and not really having the money to put into shocks right now, this would be the perfect time to tear the bike down even though I was eager to get some peg time in on it.



After getting the engine out I basically just rattle-canned it with some basic black paint. Nothing fancy, just enough to spiffy it up a little.

I also sanded the pipe, mid-muffler and silencer down and gave them a coat of paint.

And a few other parts....



Cleaned the airbox up.




And replaced the worn out Amal levers and perches with some new Dominos.


Next up; fresh paint from Rocky's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment